Cloud Engineer / DevOps
As a Cloud Engineer / DevOps, you will have the opportunity to develop and build a modern data quality platform that scales, and processes large amount of data of various form, shape, and type to aid business in assessments, strategy and decision making. You will lead and provide design, architecture around advanced data engineering, pipeline, analysis and analytical capabilities to support various data quality processing needs.
Location – Pasadena, CA (Remote)
What you will do
• Hands-on deployment of modern data platform using the most advanced technologies.
• Providing cloud technologies, cloud application/platform/infrastructure architecture, site reliability engineering, and cloud systems engineering expertise.
• Development of software engineering processes and procedures to support provisioning and management of cloud infrastructures and platforms.
• Provision and maintain cloud infrastructure for all environments using Kubernetes, Docker container Spark compute nodes.
• Support engineering in developing best-of-breed services.
• Investigate, prototype, and implement new technologies to support our engineering organization.
• Performs project and technical leadership for major infrastructure upgrades and installations.
• Experience and mindset of maintaining security compliance with industry standards such as SOC 2 and ISO 27001 compliant environment.
• Experience with a production, distributed cloud application.
• Ability to work as an individual contributor with minimal direction and lead small technical projects.
• Be the expert on ML tools and platforms to design, build, operate & scale our next-generation products.
• Collaborate with leadership and key stakeholders on a regular basis.
• 5+ years of hands-on professional development experience in Apache Spark, Kubernetes, Docker & Cluster Orchestration.
• Proficiency in Python Apache Spark is highly required.
• Database experience in Postgres, Application experience in Python Django framework, and React-based applications is required.
• High adherence to DevOps principles around CI/CD is needed with scripting experience.
• Experience administering data stores such as Postgres, ElasticSearch, and NodeJS.
• Experience with Git version control and the Github platform.
• Experience with creating content for knowledge bases.
• Desire and ability to work at multiple levels of the machine learning stack for research, deployment, and production.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related discipline or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience working in an onshore/offshore model is highly preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• This is a full-time, salaried position (no contractors please).
Apart from our competitive salary and employee stock options, our benefits extend into healthcare, retirement, life insurance, short/long-term disability, unlimited paid time off, short-term incentive plans (annual bonus), and long-term incentive plans.